Friday, July 2, 2010

Welcome to Becoming a Frugal Mama!

Welcome everyone to my blog Becoming a Frugal Mama! My inspiration to start this blog came from a dear friend of mine! One day on Facebook, she posted a picture of sixteen bottles of laundry detergent. Underneath the picture, the caption read, "I only paid $1.40 for all of this detergent". I was dumbfounded! How in the world can you get all of that for $1.40?!?! The answer is extreme couponing! After talking to my friend and doing some research, my love for extreme couponing was born!

I have been "extreme couponing" for about four months now. I have gotten so many free items that it would take me a long time to list them all. Also, a lot of items I have gotten, stores have paid me to take them out of the store! I'm sure you are wondering how that is possible! Well, follow me on my journey to becoming a frugal mama and you will see!


For the time being, I will highlight deals from the stores that are in my area, which are Food Lion, Wal-Mart, CVS, and Farmer's Food. Eventually, I plan on doing ad scans for each store, along with a running list of sale items and which coupon to use with the item to get it at its best cost. However, right now, I just plan to highlight free/nearly free items from these stores when I stumble across a good deal.


While my blog will mainly focus on extreme couponing, I will also throw in some tips on how to live a more frugal lifestyle. I will blog about paying off debt, Christmas shopping that starts the day after Christmas, and my infamous "prize closet". I'll also blog about the importance of stockpiling items.

So once again, welcome to Becoming a Frugal Mama. I look forward to having you join me on my journey to frugality.

No comments:

Post a Comment